Monday, May 9, 2011

Eventually you see yourself the way others see you...

...and you realize that you will never truly be happy in your current body....at least that's what has happened for me!  I am starting on a new journey of weight loss, healthy eating, and exercise in hopes of finally weighing less than my husband and being able to keep up with my kids!

I received the most thoughtful gift from my son (he made it at preschool with this note attached about why I was special), but there was one thing that really struck me...in the eyes of my 4-year old, my favorite thing to do was "rest"...I don't ever want him to answer the same question like that again...couldn't it have been working on the computer, gardening...anything but rest?


Next time I want him to say exercising, playing with me, or at least something more active!

I started this process a year ago and never truly took hold of who I was becoming until I saw myself in the pictures we took at Disney World!  I had been behind the camera so long that I was rarely in the pictures.  Today was the first day of the start to a whole new me!

I started my diet through Medi-Weightloss, we planted a garden, and set up training sessions with a personal trainer twice a week.  This time I will succeed and we will be changing habits as a family so it never comes back this time!  Just know that if I don't post for a couple days, its probably because I am exhausted from dieting, exercising, gardening, and trying to prove to my kids that I enjoy more than just resting....because, someday I won't need as much and I'll be able to keep up with them.

Weight has been a struggle for me, but I am determined to eat when I need to, be happy feeling a little hungry...and exercise as much as possible.  This time, I'll try to document my process of Finding Myself because I know that this time I will make it to my goal even if it finally means putting myself first over everything else!  I can now look in the mirror and see myself the way others see me and I'm not happy with it, so I know I will win at it this time...I just know I will win this time!  Fingers and toes crossed that I make it through week one without a snag, then I will be on it for the long stretch of meeting my goal of finally being healthy enough to keep up with two little boys!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Vanessa Scott Monday, May 9, 2011 at 9:02:00 PM CDT  

I'm sorry that this is how your son answered, but I am glad to hear that you are ready to feel better about yourself. I just tried on shorts from last year and none of them fit. That was a huge eye opener for me. I wish you luck on your weight loss journey.

Set Your Price. Choose your Advertisers. Sign up for SocialSpark!

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 17 April 2009. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact baileypoo at gmail dot com. This blog does accept some forms of advertising, free products, sponsorship, or paid insertions. I write for my own purposes. However, I may be influenced by my background, occupation, religion, political affiliation or experience.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. I believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/


SponsoredTweets referral badge

Copyright

Copyright (c)2009-2011 twomonkeysawashtub.blogspot.com. Blog posts are legally protected by copyright, the same way books, magazines and newspapers are. If you find content or deals here which are helpful, feel free to quote a few phrases (but please link back to the original post). Please do not reprint an entire blog post, in electronic or print form without asking first (baileypoo [at] gmail [dot] com). Thanks so much!



ss_blog_claim=01aa889fa10972974afe00c3f19e9f9c

Helping the environment...

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and working mom of two beautiful young boys! I am lucky enough to have my mom watch the boys while I work so I can be a mom and have a career!

Other companies I review for:

Other companies I review for:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP