Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Somedays I just hate coupons!....and Target!

Sorry, I have to spend a little time venting! I attempted the Target deals on Johnson & Johnson and Aveeno Baby that Marcy talks about on her Stretching a Buck Blog but unfortunately the cash register didn't recognize that the coupon matched the products I had purchased (or so it said, "Item not recognized").

I finished shopping tonight at 7:10PM and started the checkout process at 7:15PM. I didn't leave the store until after 8:10PM after trying to figure out what coupons were accepted, which were denied, and what products I was no longer buying since their registers are crap! So why do I have to vent? Well, I printed the coupons tonight - one of each, not even using the back button to grab a second coupon (eventhough I could have) and the manager had the gall to tell me that I was using fraudulent coupons! I'm sorry, your Target store coupons weren't even recognized by your system, so please tell me that those are fraudulent too! The manager was willing to override the Target coupons, or so they said. I began to review my receipt, and noted that after removing all the items that "were not recognized by the system" and the associated Target coupons, that they hadn't scanned the coupons for the other items I had purchased.

To top it off, Target wanted to keep the "fraudulent" coupons. I took them back and said, I will just go and spend my $75 bucks at Wal-mart or Kroger instead! After over an hour trying to deal with the stupid coupons, I returned $75 worth of merchandise (had coupons totaling about $40 for that merchandise - so I would have been well stocked on all baby bath items for the year for $35 - oh well), received $10 in cash for the coupons that hadn't been entered in the first place after the poor customer service girl had to go and pull all the coupons from the cash register and count up all the coupons on my receipt, verify the total amounts, and check for each and every item! (Not to mention that other's coupons were mixed in with mine) - ugh!

Despite the recent deals at Target, I think I am done shopping there for awhile! I am glad we are stocked up on wipes from Walgreens, and deodorant and toothpaste from CVS. I feel like I wasted over an hour of my life just trying to prove to them that I actually purchased the items, then removing all the items, and making sure all the coupons were accounted for...I think I am still out about $3, but I gave up at that point and headed home!

I missed putting my baby to sleep all because Target's computer system is messed up! Think twice before attempting to use Target coupons, and for some reason, they think all Internet printable coupons are fraudulent! What have your experiences been with Internet printables lately? It seems like stores are swaying back to the point that they are no longer accepting the Internet coupons...I thought we were past that point! I wish that those that are dishonest would stop, so that the rest of us could make an honest deal on items we need or are planning to donate to others!

3 comments:

justicecw Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 10:17:00 PM CDT  

I totally agree with you about what a pain the stores can be. They advertise specials and when they don't follow through it is such a hassle!

Today I went to Walgreens over my lunch hour. I had 2 coupons and the cashier said I could only use one. I asked why and he said that only one was allowed. I was so confused! Finally I realized that he thought they were for the same product which they were not! They were for 2 different products both of which I had purchased. He apologized but it's such a time waster. Why do they even care? They act like it is their money or something. You work for a huge corporation...you should follow their rules and that is the end of it.

In addition to that 2 items I purchased rang up at the wrong price and I had to show him in the ad the correct price. AND then the register reward I qualified for didn't print at the end. I had to go wait at a different register for the manager to print me one. Well I let him know that I did not appreciate their stores not having the correct prices/rewards/cashier knowledge. I said that it is a waste of my time and that I didn't appreciate the cashier making me feel like I was doing something wrong when I was not!!! What the heck?!?!? Stores should just ban coupons if they do not want coupon shoppers in their stores. I will be more than happy to go elsewhere with my hard earned money.

I have never written a store before but I think this is the time to start. You should too!

JaMean Wednesday, August 26, 2009 at 8:24:00 AM CDT  

I am with you. And along with Target, their return policy is outrageous. I refuse to shop at Target unless it's dire. Sorry you had that experience. I actually worked there for a bit, and they always told us internet coupons were frauds... Sorry! :(

cksknitter Wednesday, August 26, 2009 at 2:17:00 PM CDT  

I'm also tired of being treated like a criminal for using coupons. Stores and cashiers should see coupons as what they are--revenue, same as money!

Set Your Price. Choose your Advertisers. Sign up for SocialSpark!

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 17 April 2009. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact baileypoo at gmail dot com. This blog does accept some forms of advertising, free products, sponsorship, or paid insertions. I write for my own purposes. However, I may be influenced by my background, occupation, religion, political affiliation or experience.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. I believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/


SponsoredTweets referral badge

Copyright

Copyright (c)2009-2011 twomonkeysawashtub.blogspot.com. Blog posts are legally protected by copyright, the same way books, magazines and newspapers are. If you find content or deals here which are helpful, feel free to quote a few phrases (but please link back to the original post). Please do not reprint an entire blog post, in electronic or print form without asking first (baileypoo [at] gmail [dot] com). Thanks so much!



ss_blog_claim=01aa889fa10972974afe00c3f19e9f9c

Helping the environment...

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and working mom of two beautiful young boys! I am lucky enough to have my mom watch the boys while I work so I can be a mom and have a career!

Other companies I review for:

Other companies I review for:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP