Sunday, March 29, 2009

somedays you just have to watch them sleep...and listen to them breathe...just to know they will be okay!


...somedays you realize that you wish you could just turn back time to those days when they were so tiny that they fell asleep in your arms and didn't have a care in the world...somedays you just have to watch them sleep just to listen to the tiny little breaths...and hope that the decisions you are making for them will not traumatize them for life!

Tomorrow, our 2.5 year old will be going to the hospital to endure his second endoscopy (albeit by a different doctor) and a colonoscopy...he is just to young to be dealing with all this I keep thinking to myself, and then I realize that if we don't find an answer to what ails him, he will be the kid that's different and like any parent, I don't want him to be the kid that's different...and I wonder where the happy medium is! We have agreed that this will be the last test for a long time, so hopefully there will be some definitive answer as to why our beautiful 2.5 year old son who has graced a billboard in Times Square New York has a bucket for a lovey!

There comes a point where you begin to break as a parent, and I think today might have been that point...you would think that there would be a better way to prepare a child for these procedures than stuff that is too nasty for an adult to stomach. He is an amazing child...I can say that...he lights up a room whenever he walks in (and that's not just the mommy talking) but that doesn't repair the damage done by forcing liquid laxatives down his throat (too much yelling, not enough loving). He had already made it through an entire day with only a liquid diet (popsicles and jello) and then to end it with all the fighting to follow doctor's orders did not allow us to shine as parents.

At least we were able to laugh with him when it was all over as he sat in a bubble bath when we told him that he can hold Mimi's hand and tell her it will be okay as she swallows the last bit of the gallon of nasty in the future! He laughed and gave us big kisses covering us with bubbles... a better end to a terrible hour!

I know he will make it through tomorrow and I am hopeful that we will have answers, so that he will stop throwing up all the time! Until then, thank you for listening (well reading)...sometimes you just have to put it out there to make sure that you are in fact loving them as they need to be loved! Please keep him in your thoughts or prayers since he will be under anesthesia for up to two hours...

7 comments:

Kiy Sunday, March 29, 2009 at 10:51:00 PM CDT  

Oh poor baby! And poor mama to have to let them do these things to your sweetie. I know it's hard ... doing the right thing. Been there, done that. But, it doesn't make it any easier. You all will be in my thoughts tomorrow.

Kiy

Anonymous,  Monday, March 30, 2009 at 9:43:00 PM CDT  

I know when I get migraines so bad that I can't get out of bed the entire day that I just want to know that my friends and family are praying for me and that's how I know I will make it through another one. Please know that I am praying for your little one and I know he will make it through and I hope the Lord gives you the answers you are looking for and that he will have perfect health.

katy Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 9:13:00 PM CDT  

I hope all went well and you get some answers. Poor little guy has gone through so much.

Blanca Friday, August 6, 2010 at 1:33:00 PM CDT  

I know exactly what you're writing about! Life just isn't fair sometimes. My oldest son was born with severe Meconium Aspiration Syndrome and spent 3 days on ECMO. He had to take lots and lots of tests and was on heavy medication for years. He just turned 13 and is such a lovely boy, you can't tell he was that ill for the first 3 years of his life. If it wasn't for his scar on his neck we could all pretend it was just a bad dream. But no, it all happened and my son truly is another ECMO Miracle. I hope your son will be ok soon to.

A big hug to your little warrior!

Kate Saturday, August 7, 2010 at 2:57:00 AM CDT  

Hello! Just stopping by from the Blog Hop. Now that I've read this, I'm wondering...what was the outcome. Were they able to find out what was wrong? I hope your son is doing better!

Beth Saturday, August 7, 2010 at 8:28:00 PM CDT  

Determined he has abdominal migraines...with treatment, he is no longer vomiting when he eats - took about 6 months for the meds to work...at age 4, he really doesn't remember much about these days but still takes daily medicine! Thanks for asking!

Set Your Price. Choose your Advertisers. Sign up for SocialSpark!

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 17 April 2009. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact baileypoo at gmail dot com. This blog does accept some forms of advertising, free products, sponsorship, or paid insertions. I write for my own purposes. However, I may be influenced by my background, occupation, religion, political affiliation or experience.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. I believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/


SponsoredTweets referral badge

Copyright

Copyright (c)2009-2011 twomonkeysawashtub.blogspot.com. Blog posts are legally protected by copyright, the same way books, magazines and newspapers are. If you find content or deals here which are helpful, feel free to quote a few phrases (but please link back to the original post). Please do not reprint an entire blog post, in electronic or print form without asking first (baileypoo [at] gmail [dot] com). Thanks so much!



ss_blog_claim=01aa889fa10972974afe00c3f19e9f9c

Helping the environment...

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and working mom of two beautiful young boys! I am lucky enough to have my mom watch the boys while I work so I can be a mom and have a career!

Other companies I review for:

Other companies I review for:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP