Friday, May 1, 2009

i hate being sick....really sick...


Wow - I didn't know I could ever get this sick! I mean I live in Texas (swine flu outbreak, but it wasn't that - believe me, I was tested!) but it was probably being on a plane last Thursday (I hate planes for that reason, too many germs!).

Okay, so how sick? Sick enough that I called my husband home from a work trip to take care of me (something I would never do normally), I didn't hold my kids for two days in fear of getting them sick. I have been running a fever of 101 to 104 since Wednesday morning (nope, doesn't let up even on medicine). I have been on antibiotics since Monday when I went to the doctor with flu-like symptoms (remember, I was tested, those nasal swabs hurt) but instead had Strep throat! I felt almost fine on Tuesday but then Tuesday night hit and I couldn't stop coughing.

I went to work on Wednesday, and was sent home - why? Because I just happened to be the one who wrote the pandemic plan for the office (remember the swine flu hitting Texas) and well I was too sick to inform anyone of the pandemic plan without causing fear and panic. I assumed by Wednesday afternoon when my fever was so high (104) and I couldn't really breathe that this must be what it feels like when they admit you to the hospital (well really it felt like close to death, but that seemed overly dramatic). My husband's flight was supposed to leave New Orleans at 7:00PM, but didn't take off until nearly 10:00PM (love delays)! He made it home about 12:45AM on Thursday....by that time, I could barely lift my head off the pillow. I stayed in bed all day Thursday, and am just now venturing out into the house! It's amazing how quickly a little cold that hit on Saturday evening can turn into Strep, bronchitis, and then pneumonia....the doctor's office was too busy to see me again this week (swine flu sniffles cases for sure), so at least I could self-medicate with my son's breathing machine and I had picked up the antibiotics on Monday!

At least one benefit of being this sick, I have already lost 7 pounds...so much for starting the diet next week! So please forgive me if my posts have been few and far between this week....I haven't even checked e-mail since Monday!

3 comments:

Bingo Friday, May 1, 2009 at 8:08:00 PM CDT  

I feel so bad for you...and with little ones around as well! My son lives in Texas and left here on a plane home two days ago and I worried about the same thing with the germs...planes ARE the worst for them..I think people should wear masks at this point. I hope you begin to feel better soon. Those antibiotics often take 4-5 days to even begin to make a difference....get plenty of rest, drink lots of liquids, and don't worry about posting. There! I feel like I did my bit at mothering you for a change as it seems you do for so many others. TAKE CARE!

JaMean Friday, May 1, 2009 at 9:33:00 PM CDT  

Oh Geez! You need to focus on YOU and getting better. We will miss your posts, but we would miss you more if you became even sicker. (Is that a word? lol)

GET BETTER!!!!!

Beth Sunday, May 3, 2009 at 4:13:00 PM CDT  

Thanks...it appears that anytime I think I am feeling better that I take a swing for the worse...waiting for the new antibiotics to work! Thanks for the well wishes!

Set Your Price. Choose your Advertisers. Sign up for SocialSpark!

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 17 April 2009. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact baileypoo at gmail dot com. This blog does accept some forms of advertising, free products, sponsorship, or paid insertions. I write for my own purposes. However, I may be influenced by my background, occupation, religion, political affiliation or experience.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. I believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/


SponsoredTweets referral badge

Copyright

Copyright (c)2009-2011 twomonkeysawashtub.blogspot.com. Blog posts are legally protected by copyright, the same way books, magazines and newspapers are. If you find content or deals here which are helpful, feel free to quote a few phrases (but please link back to the original post). Please do not reprint an entire blog post, in electronic or print form without asking first (baileypoo [at] gmail [dot] com). Thanks so much!



ss_blog_claim=01aa889fa10972974afe00c3f19e9f9c

Helping the environment...

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and working mom of two beautiful young boys! I am lucky enough to have my mom watch the boys while I work so I can be a mom and have a career!

Other companies I review for:

Other companies I review for:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP