Monday, October 25, 2010

Finding Me Mondays...Not a lot of weight changes, but plenty of gains!

When it comes to weight loss, I have decided that sometimes it's not the numbers on the scale that tell the whole story, but the size that you purchase in your favorite store on your favorite cut of pants that truly matters!  I may not be in a size 12 in every pair of pants, but in Ann Taylor LOFT Julie pants, I am now officially in a size 12 and they aren't like suck it in tight, they actually fit!  I bought these pants to wear to Bloggy Bootcamp in Austin this past Saturday and ran into a few women I hadn't seen in a few months that actually read this post (at least every once in awhile)!  They actually noticed the changes in me...so even if it's only 10 pounds or so, it is really making a difference in how I present myself and dress myself (at least I'm starting to think so)!  Yea!  Okay, so I still have a long way to go, but after a full week of travel, Bloggy Bootcamp, and finally back at home, I'm just happy I haven't gained weight over the past week!

Since the list was getting long, I'm going to start posting a link to the long list and just include the previous week and this week's weigh-in every Monday!  (Long list June 21st (203.5 lbs) - September 13th (194 lbs))
Last weigh-in: September 13th/September 26th - 194lbs, Size 14
October 11th - 191 lbs
October 18th/October 25th - 192 lbs (totally okay with being up from the 11th, but ready to gain control!)
As I've said every week though, regardless of my current weight  and how I feel right now, I am still hoping that by next June, I will still be able to reach my goal of being able to keep up with my kids and husband and wear the red dress that hangs prominently in my closest (it blocks all my pants) so I have to look at it every day....it will continue to be my motivation!  I get tired of being the one behind the camera every time and am ready to be the one in front of the camera (smiling) more often!  I don't want my kids to wonder what I looked like when they were young!


Join me in the journey of finding yourself, whether it's weight loss or something else by linking up below! We could all use some support!



Photobucket

4 comments:

Breathing In Grace Monday, October 25, 2010 at 11:53:00 AM CDT  

What a precious post. Way too often we let the number on the scale dictate to us our self-worth. You know how I know this...well, if you get a chance, head over to my blog @ Jeremiah 29:11...and click on my page "Weight Loss Journey"...and see how far the Lord has brought me!!! HOPE you have a week full of NSV's...non scale victories!!!

Kerri Wednesday, October 27, 2010 at 8:00:00 AM CDT  

Congrats! I think fitting into a pants size is a better indication of weight loss than a scale (b/c who knows how much of the gain includes muscle) keep up the great work and your goal is wonderful--you can do it!

Kerri
NewParent.com

Set Your Price. Choose your Advertisers. Sign up for SocialSpark!

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 17 April 2009. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact baileypoo at gmail dot com. This blog does accept some forms of advertising, free products, sponsorship, or paid insertions. I write for my own purposes. However, I may be influenced by my background, occupation, religion, political affiliation or experience.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. I believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/


SponsoredTweets referral badge

Copyright

Copyright (c)2009-2011 twomonkeysawashtub.blogspot.com. Blog posts are legally protected by copyright, the same way books, magazines and newspapers are. If you find content or deals here which are helpful, feel free to quote a few phrases (but please link back to the original post). Please do not reprint an entire blog post, in electronic or print form without asking first (baileypoo [at] gmail [dot] com). Thanks so much!



ss_blog_claim=01aa889fa10972974afe00c3f19e9f9c

Helping the environment...

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and working mom of two beautiful young boys! I am lucky enough to have my mom watch the boys while I work so I can be a mom and have a career!

Other companies I review for:

Other companies I review for:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP