Monday, August 16, 2010

Finding Me Mondays: Eating candy while typing can't be the way to losing weight...


I haven't taken pictures because I don't want to look at them and truly accept where I am starting! This week was pretty rough when it comes to self-control and eating the right things. I did pretty well at breakfast considering I was on travel for work yet again and stayed with a standard breakfast of cereal and yogurt or a bagel and yogurt and a cup of coffee, but snacks were plentiful in my training class and that just wasn't what I needed! I didn't go out to lunch, but likely consumed the same or similar calories in tootsie rolls (my one major weakness) and crackers which is likely why I didn't gain weight. I ate pretty healthy at dinner choosing salads with dressing on the side and ordering water when I could! Guessing you can tell I hate pictures of myself! I am working up the courage so I can include that here too! (It's only fair to myself to stay motivated)

Monday, June 21st: 203.5 lbs, Size 14
Monday, June 28th: 200.0 lbs, Size 14
Monday, July 5th: 196.5 lbs, Size 14
Monday, July 12th: 196.5 lbs, Size 14
Monday, July 19th: No scale available, Size 14
Monday, July 26th: 198.5 lbs, Size 14
Monday, August 2nd: 197 lbs, Size 14
Monday, August 9th: 196.5 lbs, Size 14
Monday, August 16th:  196 lbs, Size 14 (at least it's down 0.5 lbs)

I look at the numbers above and get depressed that in two months of trying, I am down less than 10 pounds (and really no change since the 4th of July)...okay for the most part trying and realizing that losing weight with a family in tow is much harder than it appears on the surface.  The stress of working full time, traveling for work, and having two young children really forces me to lean towards my stress relievers of shopping or food and since we are trying to stay debt free, that really pushes me to food so I don't add another layer of stress.  As I said, I sit here typing while I eat a piece of candy, not because I'm hungry but because it's available and it's a quick way to satisfy the stressors!

My heart has been bothering me in the record heat we have been having, so even gentle walks have been hard.  With temperatures over 100, it can be hard to walk much of a distance without feeling tired, not winded, but truly tired.  As I've said before, I'm ready for that to change...I get even more depressed when everyone around me talks about going to the gym and working out and I simply can't...most people don't understand when I talk to them though because I don't have heart disease, I haven't had a heart attack, my heart just likes to beat really, really fast and there isn't much the doctors can do to slow it down so it makes me tired.

Regardless of my current weight, my heart, and how I feel right now, I am still hoping that by next June, I will still be able to reach my goal of being able to keep up with my kids and husband and wear the red dress that hangs prominently in my closest (it blocks all my pants) so I have to look at it every day....it will continue to be my motivation - even if this week, life, stress and too many snacks took over!

Join me in the journey of finding yourself, whether it's weight loss or something else by linking up below! We could all use some support!



Photobucket

6 comments:

Inspiring You To Save! Monday, August 16, 2010 at 6:24:00 PM CDT  

I have a Monday blog hop. Stop in and link up. I look forward to getting to know you.

http://www.inspiringyou2save.com

Kelly Polizzi Monday, August 16, 2010 at 11:51:00 PM CDT  

hi, thanks for your comment and for following. I am following you back too. Love your blog title!

Cori Tuesday, August 17, 2010 at 12:24:00 AM CDT  

Way to go on your weight loss!

I'm stopping by from TTA and "liking" you back because you are following me!! I'm your newest follower!

Tamona Tuesday, August 17, 2010 at 9:18:00 PM CDT  

I just had to stop by and tell you how FAT I am. It took me a long time to be able to say something like that but I am at a point where its just hilarious. I plan on making a blog post about this but I just had to tell you because I know you will get a kick out of all my silliness. I was watching television earlier and I was so hungry that when the show began I immediately bowed my head and said my prayers. Yep it was chow time in my head.

Set Your Price. Choose your Advertisers. Sign up for SocialSpark!

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 17 April 2009. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact baileypoo at gmail dot com. This blog does accept some forms of advertising, free products, sponsorship, or paid insertions. I write for my own purposes. However, I may be influenced by my background, occupation, religion, political affiliation or experience.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. I believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/


SponsoredTweets referral badge

Copyright

Copyright (c)2009-2011 twomonkeysawashtub.blogspot.com. Blog posts are legally protected by copyright, the same way books, magazines and newspapers are. If you find content or deals here which are helpful, feel free to quote a few phrases (but please link back to the original post). Please do not reprint an entire blog post, in electronic or print form without asking first (baileypoo [at] gmail [dot] com). Thanks so much!



ss_blog_claim=01aa889fa10972974afe00c3f19e9f9c

Helping the environment...

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife and working mom of two beautiful young boys! I am lucky enough to have my mom watch the boys while I work so I can be a mom and have a career!

Other companies I review for:

Other companies I review for:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP